- Download Savona Theme from wordpress.org
- Log into your WordPress Admin Dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes and click Add New
- Then Click on Upload Theme button
- Click on Choose File button and select savona.zip file that you have already downloaded
- Click on Install Now Button
- Click on Activate. You are done!
Steps to Import Demo Content Manually
- Download the XML file for Savona theme.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Tools > Import > WordPress and import your XML file.
- After importing the demo data, you need to setup menus. Go to Appearance > Menus and assign “Main Menu” Display location to the “Main” menu (see screenshot below). The same goes for the “Top” menu.
If you are not a WordPress beginner and you’ve just skipped the demo content setup you should get the basic idea how this theme works.
Theme supports 2 menus on 2 different locations:
Top Menu and Main Menu, they also support multi level sub menus.
Top Menu is located in the Top Bar at the very top of your website. Navigate to Appearance > Menus, create a new menu, add menu items and set Display Location to “Top Menu” then click on Save Menu button.
Main Menu is located under the Page Header below logo section and this is the main navigation of your website. To setup Main Menu navigate to Appearance > Menus, create a new menu, add menu items and set Display Location to “Main Menu” then click on Save Menu button.
To set up a Logo navigate to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity > Logo Setup. Select an Image from Media Library or upload a new one.
Width option should be the same as your logo image width(x) dimension is. To setup a Retina logo, you need to upload 2x bigger image than the Widthoption is set, for ex: if the Logo image width(x dimension) is 400px, then you should set Width option to 200px.
Also, you can Show/Hide Tagline under the Logo image. Use Display Site Title and Tagline checkbox for that.
To set up Social Media Icons navigate to Appearance > Customize > Social Media, first select the icon, then enter your social media URL. These icons will appear in the Top Bar (the very top of your website).
You can disable Top Menu and Social Icons globally form Appearance > Customize > Top Bar.
You can add your own Copyright information from Appearance > Customize > Page Footer, but the theme and author credits are unchangeable in the Free version.
In the featured area you can display Featured Slider and Feautred Links (promo boxes).
Enable Featured Slider from Appearance > Customize > Featured Slider. You can dislpay randomized All Posts or posts by Category in the slider. Also you can set the Number of Slides, which will limit the posts in the slider.
Please note that the post which does NOT have the Featured Image set will NOT appear in the slider.
You can also enable/disable Slider Arrows, Pagination and other elements as well.
Featured Links or Promo Boxes will showcase your custom links or links to pages on your website. Go to Appearance > Customize > Featured Linksand enable them via global checkbox. Then you should set a Title, URL and an Image, but note that without images they won’t work properly.